Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Chung, Yang" <Ya...@spirent.com> on 2013/08/21 18:48:05 UTC

CouchDB/Couchrest Errno::ECONNREFUSED Connection Refused - connect(2) error

Hi,

I am sorry if this is a duplicate. I sent it before subscription was
confirmed, so I am sure it didn't get to propagate properly.

I posted this on Stack Overflow, but didn't get any responses. I hope
someone can shed some light on what's wrong with our couchdb server or
tests.

At work, se are using CouchDB 1.3.1, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Ruby 1.9.3, and
Rails 3.2.12.

We have about 1500 test cases, and we manually clean the database using
DB.recreate! method before each test. When running all tests using bundle
exec rake spec, all tests rarely pass. There are number of tests that fail
with the "Errno::ECONNREFUSED Connection Refused - connect(2) error"
errors.

I looked at the log messages, and this error
(https://gist.github.com/yangtheman/6288954) corresponds with the
connection error. It makes sense since the server seemed to have crashed.
The problem is I am not really sure what might be causing this crash. It
seemed to happen at any point of test suite, and they are related to any
particular tests.

Has anyone encountered any similar problem with CouchDB? Any help would be
much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Yang

E-mail confidentiality.
--------------------------------
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system.

Spirent Communications plc
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300