Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/28 10:25:43 UTC

Exception policies query

Hi

If I have an onException policy and I do *not *set the handled property to
true then Camel will not break out of the route.

If I have an onException policy and I set the continued property to true,
Camel will not break out of the the original route either.

So what is the difference between the above as I assume I am missing
something?

Thanks
Joe

Re: Exception policies query

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM, gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I have an onException policy and I do *not *set the handled property to
> true then Camel will not break out of the route.

But it will stop continue routing and return the response to the caller.

> If I have an onException policy and I set the continued property to true,
> Camel will not break out of the the original route either.

It will continue as if no exception was thrown.

> So what is the difference between the above as I assume I am missing
> something?

If you got Camel in Action book, see the difference in figure 5.5 and 5.6

> Thanks
> Joe

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.