Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net> on 2016/07/20 20:17:35 UTC

Release Solr 5.5.3

Hi,

With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it impacts
all users with high indexing rates.

If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else, I'll
be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok; thanks Anshum.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hey David,

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Anhum,

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
No, our tests generally don't pass 100% of the times :). The RC is out for
vote btw.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Thanks Uwe.

RE: Release Solr 5.5.3

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <ma...@anshumgupta.net> > wrote:
> As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading to
> unstable state in Solr.
>
> How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
> Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM, David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> >
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay.  BTW SOLR-9290 isn't "Just" high indexing rates, but it's for those
>> using SSL too -- correct me if I'm wrong.  We don't want to raise alarm
>> bells too loudly :-)
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:18 PM Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <ma...@anshumgupta.net> >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With SOLR-9290 fixed, I think it calls for a bug fix release as it
>>> impacts all users with high indexing rates.
>>>
>>> If someone else wants to work on the release, I am fine with it else,
>>> I'll be happy to be the RM and cut an RC a week from now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anshum Gupta
>>
>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>

> --
> Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

--

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

wrote:

> Can we also get SOLR-9310 in as well
> On Jul 20, 2016 6:28 PM, "Erick Erickson" <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I also would like to get SOLR-7280 in, Noble and I just checked it in
>> to that branch as well.
>>
>> Erick
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>
>> wrote:
>> > As Shai mentioned, it is actually about SSL + indexing requests leading
>> > unstable state in Solr.
>> >
>> > How quickly that state is reached is a function of # indexing requests.
>> > Thanks for correcting me on that one :-).

>> those

>> > --
>> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Right, it affects SSL-enabled Solr more quickly. I do not know if it
eventually affects non-SSL Solr, I guess not ...

Also, it's not about high indexing rates, as it's reproduced with 9
docs/sec, IIRC.

Anyway, it certainly affected several users already, so I'm +1 for the
release.

Shai

Re: Release Solr 5.5.3

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.