Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Vladimir Prus <vl...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/29 19:59:45 UTC

Paragraph content is reset

Hi,

lots of colleagues (myself included) are observing the following annoying
behaviour:
- you are busy typing fancy Spark code in a notebook
- all of sudden, recently written code disappears and cursor jumps to the
start of the paragraph

The cursor jump suggests that paragraph text is unintentionally updated,
and looking at console logs suggests that maybe, UI sends "commit
paragraph" to the server, receives new paragraph, and updates the text in
UI to an earlier version. So, I looked at the code in
paragraph.controller.js and see this

if ($scope.dirtyText === newPara.text) {  // when local update is the
same from remote, clear local update
  $scope.paragraph.text = newPara.text;
  $scope.dirtyText = undefined;
  $scope.originalText = angular.copy(newPara.text);
} else { // if there're local update, keep it.
  $scope.paragraph.text = newPara.text;
}

It seems there's the intention to preserve local changes, but then the last
line still assigns newPara.text to paragraph. Is this just a thinko and the
last line is a bug, and must be basically removed (so keep current
paragraph.text and dirtyText). Or am I misunderstanding all this?

--
Vladimir Prus
http://vladimirprus.com

Re: Paragraph content is reset