Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2017/10/25 18:29:11 UTC

[SURVEY] Bigtop community meeting at conference

Hi all,

I'd like to kick-off a survey for having a Bigtop community meeting at
conference. I think getting together for F2F discussion is the most
efficient way for collaboration. Topics on top of my head:

* The shape of 1.3 release
* Road toward Bigtop 2.0
* Use cases & user feedback
* Innovations & new features
* Hackathon/workshop

Meanwhile, ODPi, a Linux Foundation project is very much interested in
working together with Bigtop community to make Bigtop even better. If
needed, there might be a chance that ODPi can sponsor the trip to help
conducting a successful meeting. The most recent conference is Strata
Singapore on Dec 4-7, but which conf to go is entirely up to the community.

Let's start this with a simple survey. If you're interested in attending,
please +1. In additional, name a conference you preferred. This is a survey
rather than a commitment, so feel free to share your thoughts.

Evans

Re: [SURVEY] Bigtop community meeting at conference

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
That sounds great.
Nate can you share more experience on Linux at Scale conference?
Thanks!

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.