Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/04/06 19:41:29 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Support GPU resources in Aurora

Mesos community is finalizing their MVP for supporting GPUs:
Design doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10GJ1A80x4nIEo8kfdeo9B11PIbS1xJrrB4Z373Ifkpo/edit

Would anyone have any reservations about supporting GPUs in Aurora?
Initial walk through our resource management codebase shows we can do
it without too many changes or excessive refactoring. If there are no
objections I am willing to put up a design doc for review next.

Thanks,
Maxim

Re: [PROPOSAL] Support GPU resources in Aurora

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
There has been separate discussion around supporting arbitrary resources.
Is it plausible to build that and get GPU support for free?

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.
Here is a draft design doc covering necessary redesign to generify
resource management in Aurora. This is work in progress, so any
comments are welcome!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J9SIswRMpVKQpnlvJAMAJtKfPP7ZARFknuyXl-2aZ-M/edit

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joshua Cohen <jc...@apache.org>.