Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/03/12 13:29:22 UTC

Board report

Hi,

all PMCs, well, the chairmen, have to report to the board quarterly
and we've ended up for March, June, September and December in the
rotation.  In addition we need to report in April so that the board
knows we are on track.

I'd like to try authoring the board report together and have started
with my thoughts for next week's meeting in the wiki[1].  Please go
ahead and modify/add to your liking.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20040317

Re: Board report

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> BTW: Gumpy ought support Maven right now,

I've seen that lsd has started to build geronimo that way, great!

> If it'd help Avaloners we could try doing their build with Maven.

Well, if I had waited a bit longer with sending the report, I might
have removed the Avalon part completely.  Niclas has been very busy
improving the situation and I could confirm that much of the Avalon
stack has been built on my Gump installation by now.  Let's see what
the next night will bring to lsd.

excalibur-component and fortress are the key missing pieces and at
least component looks fixable.  fortess seems to use so many
deprecated-now-removed stuff that I don't want to predict anything.

Once he is through, we owe Niclas a beer or two.  Wish I had a better
grasp of the Avalon family of codebases so I could help more.

Stefan

Re: Board report

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I'd like to try authoring the board report together and have started
> with my thoughts for next week's meeting in the wiki[1].  Please go
> ahead and modify/add to your liking.

Sorry I failed to help you out with this, the recent flurries of activity
made this slide down in my mailbox too far.

I liked your report, especially how you mentioned community interactions
before coding, that is key. I think TLP status, and the activity generated
by folks here, has noticeably improved Gump visibility & helped our social
goal of folks caring if they Gump properly. That is an awesome step forward,
which I hope continues...

Ongoing, I think the Peas-n-Carrots work that Nick has been leading is the
most useful 'report' so far. We've been letting the "little successes" slip
by, undocumented, and I love how this blog has raised awareness to the good
Gump does. Much as it is tricky to be a dispassionate/factual/tactful
reporter, and it'll take help from us all to achieve this, I really
appreciate what Nick's been doing here. Perhaps the next board report can
reference P&C, and how it is an intrigal part of Gump's feedback loop.

BTW: Gumpy ought support Maven right now, we just need to work up the stack
(from few depencencies) since the 'artifact ids' (<jar id=....) needs to be
in sync. If it'd help Avaloners we could try doing their build with Maven.

regards,

Adam

Re: Board report

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Is there a way to mark pages read-only?
>
> ssh wiki.apache.org
> cd /www/wiki.apache.org/data/gump/data/text
> chmod ugo-w BoardReports_2f20040317

So easy that I didn't think of it 8-)

This won't work unless I'm the owner or root, and the file is owned by
nobody.

Stefan

Re: Board report

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> I've sent the current contents of
> <http://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20040317> to the
> board.
>
> Is there a way to mark pages read-only?  If so, I'd appreciate if Adam
> or Leo could cast the magic necessary to do so - or grant sufficient
> powers to me and teach me the spells.

ssh wiki.apache.org
cd /www/wiki.apache.org/data/gump/data/text
chmod ugo-w BoardReports_2f20040317

or something like that, which anyone in the apsite unix group should be
able to do. I don't think the web interface supports it, but I'm not sure.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

Re: Board report