Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by georgenis <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/26 09:56:17 UTC

NullPointerException but i would like hide it

Hi guys,

i have got a problem about NullPointer-Exceptions....on my EJB i have got a
method....this one:

public String[] findOnlineUser() {
    	Query query = entityManager.createQuery("SELECT x FROM UserInformation
x WHERE x.online='"+true+"'");
    	List<UserInformation> userList = (List<UserInformation>)
query.getResultList();
    	String[] users = new String[userList.size()];
    	int i=0;
    	for(UserInformation user:userList) {
    		users[i] = user.getId();
    		i++;
    	}

    	if(userList.size()==0)
    		return new String[] {};

		return users;
    }

On my testprogramm I have got a source code looks like this....

                UserService userService =
service.getPort(UserService.class);
		String[] onlineUsers = userService.findOnlineUser("myId");
		System.out.println(onlineUsers);

My Output > null
But in my method i try to hide the result of "null". Is there any mistake or
is it because XML-Transformation via Webservices (Data - to SOAP - to Data)?

Kind of Regards

george

Re: NullPointerException but i would like hide it

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Ok without code to reproduce try to 1) check the returned value, 2)
serialize it with jaxb

I think 2 is the issue. Maybe try returning a list

- Romain

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
can you send the stacktrace?

btw getresultlist can return null i think with some providers.

- Romain