Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Vamsi Atluri <vk...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/16 21:23:31 UTC

Strange OJB error

Hello all,

We have an application that does broker.store() on about 20 tables in one go in a single transaction using a single broker instance. We are using OJB 1.0.1 on WSAD 5.1 using JDK 1.3.1. On and off I see this error happen:

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ListProxyDefaultImpl not found in OJB repository.

Does this stand out to any body? It it so random, I cannot pin point what conditions are causing it. Why is OJB trying to find ListProxyDefaultImpl in the OJB repository?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
-Vamsi

Re: Strange OJB error

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Vamsi,

Vamsi Atluri wrote:
 > Hello all,
 >
 > We have an application that does broker.store() on about 20 tables in
one go in a single transaction using a single broker instance. We are
using OJB 1.0.1 on WSAD 5.1 using JDK 1.3.1. On and off I see this error
happen:

 > org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ListProxyDefaultImpl not found in
OJB repository.

 > Does this stand out to any body? It it so random, I cannot pin point
what conditions are causing it. Why is OJB trying to find
ListProxyDefaultImpl in the OJB repository?? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

You are the first one reporting this error message - seems OJB (or you)
try to directly store an instance of this class. The class
ListProxyDefaultImpl is used to enable lazy loading of 1:n and m:n
references, thus something like this would cause this error:
List books = bookStore.getBooks();
broker.store(books);
Could you please post the whole stack trace of the error?

regards,
Armin