Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2007/05/04 14:28:17 UTC

Re: Improving the docs

Hipkiss JR (Mr) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone help me regarding which are the latest docs and how can I
> contribute to them?
>
> I started with http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/ but the link at the bottom
> of these pages to edit the docs points to the "Daisy" "Legacy" docs.
>
> Then there's the Wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ which seems to
> have more stuff but is it the right place to find the latest stuff and
> should I be editing it?
>
> I feel there are too many locations for documentation in Cocoon and each
> one I look at seems to be quite old?

First many thanks for your offer which is very much appreciated.

We have started to consolidate our several sources of documentation that will
result in a new Cocoon 2.2 documentation. An in-detail description can be found
at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/1201.html.
In short, the documentation is split up into smaller parts which correspond to
the blocks Cocoon offers. All those sites are prefixed with "cdocs". Find an
overview at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/.

Since you mentioned the wiki docs: The "good" and still up-to-date docs should
go into the block documentation where they belong to and removed from the wiki then.

I propose that you tell us on which parts of the documentation you want to work,
and I will help you to get started.

BTW, I moved the discussion to dev@ because the docs@ list is only used for
notifications. If you haven't already, could you please subscribe to the dev@
list too? Thanks in advance!