Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 12:12:49 UTC

jaxb2-maven-plugin : Two declarations cause a collision

Hi All,

I am trying to generate classes for the Google/OGC KML 2.2 XSD's with
the jaxb2-maven-plugin
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin/index.html).

   - http://schemas.opengis.net/kml/2.2.0/ogckml22.xsd
   - http://schemas.opengis.net/kml/2.2.0/atom-author-link.xsd

Both XSD's have an element:

   -

   <element name="name" type="string"/>

Which fails giving:

   - "Two declarations cause a collision in the ObjectFactory class"

This I am ok with, but the resolution is confusing me, this problem is even
in the plugin's FAQ page (
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin/faq.html):

*I have different schemas and want different packages for those schemas, how
do I do this?*

*You want to create multiple executions in your plugin declaration. This
will allow you to have multiple configuration declarations and you can
specify the schema and package to be run for that execution. In your
configuation, you will need to have a different staleFile for each
execution, so it will be able to determine if the xjc needs to be executed.*

I have tried to add two seperate <executions> like the FAQ says, but it
still fails :'( Possibly because ogckml22.xsd includes the
atom-author-link.xsd?

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>jaxb2-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.2</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>ogckml22</id>
<configuration>
<packageName>java.lunch20091126xml.binding.kml</packageName>
<schemaFiles>ogckml22.xsd</schemaFiles>
<staleFlag>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/jaxb/.staleFlag-ogckml22</staleFlag>
</configuration>
<goals>
<goal>xjc</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
<execution>
<id>atom-author-link</id>
<configuration>
<packageName>java.lunch20091126xml.binding.atom</packageName>
<schemaFiles>atom-author-link.xsd</schemaFiles>
<staleFlag>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/jaxb/.staleFlag-atom-author-link</staleFlag>
</configuration>
<goals>
<goal>xjc</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

ANY help would be absolutely fantastic!!!!!

AW: jaxb2-maven-plugin : Two declarations cause a collision

Posted by Entner Harald <En...@afb.de>.
No, i don't think so. In my opinion the problem occurs, because two object factories are generated under the same package. That is obviously not possible, as both factories create different classes but will have the same name. So this is a collision. Try to put the xsd's under different subdirectories.
E.g.
xsd/dir1/...xsd.
xsd/dir2/...xsd .

I had once the same problem. Unfortunately, i'm not totally sure how i solved it. :/

I would suggest to try around a little. Maybe remove the duplicate entries, see if it works then. If it does, move them to another file and generate the files. If this works, try to import it and see if it works then. If the directory approach does not work, i would suggest to start a small project, in which you create two (easier) xsd files. Try to generate classes for them. Then try to generate the error with these files. Always the most important thing is to get an understanding why something fails. I then like to have a more easy setup to test. Unfortunately i don't have time to reproduce your error. So you have to do the research on your own.

Posted by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Again!

Posted by Entner Harald <En...@afb.de>.