Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Geoff Oakham <go...@hgn.ca> on 2004/02/03 21:52:31 UTC

IO migration from Sandbox

Hi there,

It appears IO's migration from Sandbox is still in progress.. I was
wondering if this was common knowledge or if it's on someone's TODO list.

Basically, there appears to be no IO tarballs available in any form
[source, binary, nightly, organic..] .  The best I've found to get at it
so far is CVS.

Anyways, Jakarta Commons is a neat project and I'm eager to start using it.

Thanks,

Geoff

Re: IO migration from Sandbox

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Ditto. Thanks Craig.

Hen

Posted by Geoff Oakham <go...@hgn.ca>.

Re: IO sanity test of nightly build 20040205

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Thanks Geoff,

Getting a release of IO done is next on my Apache-todo list :)

Hen

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>:

> The migration is effectively done [although a new website needs generating
> so the symlink can be killed].
>
> Good catch on the nightly build. I'll poke a bit to see if that can
> happen. I think it's in gump, but been ages since I looked there.
>
> A release will happen in the coming months as time allots.
>
> Thanks,

I run nightly builds for many commons projects on my desktop, and upload them
each night.  I've added "io" to my script, so it should create the first
nightly build in a few hours at:

  http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-io/

Craig McClanahan

Re: IO migration from Sandbox

Posted by Geoff Oakham <go...@hgn.ca>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> The migration is effectively done [although a new website needs generating
> so the symlink can be killed].
>
> Good catch on the nightly build. I'll poke a bit to see if that can
> happen. I think it's in gump, but been ages since I looked there.

The first night there's a build, I'll give it a spin and give you some
feedback.

> A release will happen in the coming months as time allots.

[burns]excellent[/burns].

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.