Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <Sh...@lotus.com> on 2000/03/20 14:21:21 UTC

Re: xalan-distribution no found - see http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_20_0.jar

The link http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_20_0.jar is the entire
distribution, compressed into a .jar file.  Simply expand the file (with
your favorite zip utility or via 'jar xf') and you should get the whole
distribution, including xalan.jar and xalansamples.jar within it.

Originally we thought shipping .jar files as the whole distribution would
be useful since it's basically the same compressed format as .zip files and
it's cross-platform, but it seems to be causing confusion pretty
regularly...

---- you <Fh...@SPM.DE> wrote: ----
> I tried to download the xalan-distribution, but I only found the
> xalan.jar-files (http://xml.apache.org/dist/). I did not find the _whole_
> distribution with the extension-jar-files and sample-jar-files. I found
it

- Shane