Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com> on 2012/10/15 13:58:39 UTC

mutateRow() does not check for checkResources() and startRegionOperation()

Hi devs

Any specific reason why mutateRow() does not check for checkResources() and
startRegionOperation()?  I think it should be right.

Because if memstore is greater than the blockingMemStoreSize then we need to
block that operation?  Also we should see if the region is closing too.

Regards

Ram

Re: mutateRow() does not check for checkResources() and startRegionOperation()

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Just checked. In 0.94 MutateRowsWithLocks does start a region operation, but it does not call check resources.
I filed HBASE-6996.

-- Lars

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
You're right... File a jira :)