Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/06/11 07:57:35 UTC

How long do I have to acknowledge() a message?

I can't find any documentation on how long I have to manually acknowledge a
message when auto ack is disabled.

I need about 2 minutes before I acknowledge() a message as I have to
process it and make sure that it's completed on my end.

Then I can ack… but how long do I have?  Where is this set?

I assume there is documentation on the subject but I'm unable to find it.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: How long do I have to acknowledge() a message?

Posted by Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com>.
I think that is impossible, because the ack is part of tcp protocol. You
can change some values for performance issues (listed below) but anyone is
for time.

http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec-properties.html

Why would you want to wait two minutes? It coud be a risk when your
concurrency grow up.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
The broker holds state about unacknowledged messages - and will hold
that state until either the broker shuts down or the client disappears.
Remember that acknowleding a message will acknowledge all messages
consumed by the client's Session. Depending on what your doing, you may
want to use individual acknowledge, which is an ActiveMQ specific feature.