Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carl Hall <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/03 23:36:08 UTC

maven-launchpad-plugin errors out

I get the following log trying to build the trunk of k2.  I've traced this
down to a failure occurring in AbstractBundleListMojo.initBundleList() but
don't know the specifics past that.  Any hints?  I'm planning to post this
to sling-dev but didn't want to be too jumpy if someone is working on this.

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Unable to load dependency information from properties file.

Embedded error: Unable to find artifact.
Unable to determine the release version

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.sling
-DartifactId=org.apache.sling.launchpad -Dversion=RELEASE
-Dclassifier=bundlelist -Dpackaging=xml -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.sling
-DartifactId=org.apache.sling.launchpad -Dversion=RELEASE
-Dclassifier=bundlelist -Dpackaging=xml -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.launchpad:xml:RELEASE

Re: maven-launchpad-plugin errors out

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
On 4 Feb 2010, at 12:26, Justin Edelson wrote:

> Sling bundles -> Sakai Sling -> Sakai Sling + Core -> Sakai Sling + Core +
> Optional

that sounds possible, I will look into it.

> At each point in the chain, bundles can be added, removed, or have their
> versions changed.
>

>> The problem we have at the moment is we are doing milestone releases so we
>> have to capture Sling snapshots and fix them at a date and push to our maven
>> repo. So we need to be able to edit the list of bundles coming from Sling
>> just before the release. More than one file will make this much easier.
>>

> I would think you could do this by changing the versions of the default
> Sling bundles.
>

>> BTW, the plugin is great, it has vastly simplified the final construction.
>> on average 14s to construct an image.
>> Thank you
>> Ian
>

> My pleasure :) And again, sorry I broke your (or Carl's) build :)

no problem, breaking things is how we know they really were working.
Ian

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:38 AM, Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2010, at 23:13, Justin Edelson wrote:
>
> > Is
> http://github.com/ieb/open-experiments/tree/master/slingtests/osgikernel/
> > the
> > source tree for k2?
> >
> > If so, please add:
> >
> > <includeDefaultBundles>false</includeDefaultBundles>
>
> Justin,
> Thanks, Carl will be asleep now, I'll check his master branch to see if
> he's made the change and add it.
> We have a src/main/bundles/list.xml file, and it works on my box without
> needing that the bundles file from Sling, not certain why its not working on
> Carls, I might have missed something off a commit.

Looking again at what I changed yesterday, I think I see what happened.
Until yesterday, if you had a src/main/bundles/list.xml file, the plugin
would *only* use the contents of this file. However, now the behavior is to
load the default bundle list from Sling and then *add* the contents of
src/main/bundles/list.xml. To get the old behavior set
<includeDefaultBundles>false</includeDefaultBundles>.

> > around line 45 in
> >
> http://github.com/ieb/open-experiments/blob/master/slingtests/osgikernel/app/pom.xml
> >
> > But this isn't the ideal way of dealing with this now. What you should
> do,
> > if possible, is to use the default bundle list and add/remove from it as
> > needed. You can add bundles either through the
> > <additionalBundles> configuration element or by providing a
> > src/main/bundles/list.xml file.
> >
> > The process of generating the bundle list is now documented at
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/SLINGxSITE/maven-launchpad-plugin.html
> >
> > Sorry for any inconvenience. Please let me know if I can help improve the
> k2
> > pom and bundle list file. This (a custom bundle of Sling components) is
> > exactly the type of use case I'm trying to get the launchpad plugin
> > to accommodate.
>

> I think you just committed the one big thing that I wanted,
> The ability to have multiple list.xml files so we can modularise the final
> build, putting all Sling bundles in one xml file, all our core bundles in
> another and optional ones in a third.

Well, this isn't quite there. There's still only one file supported per
project. But what you can do is set up an inheritance chain:

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carl Hall <ca...@gmail.com>.