Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com> on 2011/01/24 07:40:07 UTC

Ajax Response xml showing in browser

Got an odd issue occurring where the Ajax Response xml is showing in the
browser rather than modifying the DOM of the page as it usually does.
The scenario is the following:

My Login page is abstract and has an abstract method called
onLoginSuccess.

When the login is successful we call onLoginSuccess.

Abstract Class called LoginLink which extends AjaxLink

LoginLink has an abstract method called onSuccess() and
onAlreadyLoggedIn()

The Login page is constructed and has it's abstract method
onLoginSuccess defined to call onSuccess()

The onClick method of LoginLink does a setResponsePage to my Login page
if not already logged in and calls onAlreadyLoggedIn() if the user is
already logged into the site.

I have a page called Page1 which contains a LoginLink.

The onSuccess() method is defined to setResponsePage() to the page I
ultimately need to go to say Page2.

The onAlreadyLoggedIn() method is defined to setResponsePage() to the
page I ultimately need to go to say Page2.

On Page2, there are AjaxButtons to submit forms.  If any button is
clicked I get the AjaxResponse xml showing in the browser window.

Any ideas on how to solve this?   Is there another way of doing this
interaction with built in wicket components.

Thanks.

Jeff

Re: Ajax Response xml showing in browser

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Sorry, but I wasn't looking for a solution.  I have no way to reproduce the
issue.  It seemed like you were making good progress in your other thread.

However, if you're able to create a quickstart that can reliably reproduce
the issue, the core devs will certainly be interested in taking a look at
it.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com