Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by vi...@oz.com on 2005/03/30 00:12:36 UTC

HTTPSampler Sample Timeout?

Hello,

I am witnessing an odd behaviour when using the HTTPSampler: I will run a
test over a fairly long period (24hour+) and occasionally, I will get
"java.io.IOException: Stream Closed" exceptions steady for roughly an
hour.

Now it certainly is possible that in that interval I somehow lose
connection to the server, the peculiar part is that the interval between
the sampler sending the HTTP request and the sampler generating the
exception is always almost exactly 360seconds (6minutes).

My question is this: does JMeter have a timeout associated with the
HTTPSampler? If so, where is it set?

This is the exception stack (as returned by sample.getSamplerData() ), if
it's any help:

java.io.IOException: Stream closed
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler.java:260)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:500)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:582)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:569)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:260)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks for any insights you might have,
Vincent