Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/08/07 00:01:49 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "JunitVmIssues" by MyrnavanLunteren

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MyrnavanLunteren:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JunitVmIssues

The comment on the change is:
most of this section applies equally to MAC and IBM jvms.

  export IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xifa:off"
  }}}

- == Sun Java 1.4.2, 1.5 and 1.6: unlimited cryptography policies ==
+ == Java 1.4.2, 1.5 and 1.6: unlimited cryptography policies ==

- By default, in the Sun Java run-times, due to import control
+ By default, in the US-produced Java run-times, due to US export control
  restrictions, the version of JCE policy files that are bundled in the
  JDK(TM) 6 environment, allow "strong", but limited cryptography to be
  used. Some Derby tests, as of writing, only "EncryptionAESTest", will skip
@@ -108, +108 @@

      no unrestricted policy jars; cannot test AES encryption with encryptionKeyLengths 192 nor 256
  }}}
  then you lack the unlimited policy files. You can download and install
+ these files if you are in territories where there are no restrictions.
- these files by heading to the following URL and follow the instructions
+ For Sun JVMS you can do this by heading to the following URL and follow the instructions
  in the bundle (this link currently gives Java 1.6 version; you can
  also find such bundles for Java 1.4.2 and Java 1.5 if you want to run
  tests with those versions):
@@ -119, +120 @@

  Downloads Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength
  Jurisdiction Policy Files 6".

+ For other jvms, please contact your vendor.
+

Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "JunitVmIssues" by MyrnavanLunteren

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Dag H. Wanvik<Da...@sun.com> wrote:
> Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> writes:
>
>> - By default, in the Sun Java run-times, due to import control
>> + By default, in the US-produced Java run-times, due to US export control
>
> I think it's "import contral", actually: in some countries, using
> strong cryptography is not legal..
>
> Dag

OK. I changed that part around again. I think you got the main trouble
outlined either way - thx for writing this section.

Myrna

Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "JunitVmIssues" by MyrnavanLunteren

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> writes:

> The comment on the change is:
> most of this section applies equally to MAC and IBM jvms.

Thanks, Myrna!

Dag