Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com> on 2002/11/21 23:57:59 UTC

UTF-8 character encoding

It seems that the only way to output request parameters
encoded with UTF-8 is to call request.setCharacterEncoding("utf-8");
on **every** request. Is there a better (simpler) way of achieving
end-to-end UTF-8 for the whole site?
Also, setting encoding will call the decode() method
on every access to request parameter which for me is overkill
since my container alredy does the decoding.

The problem manifests itself by replacing single Ü character
with Ü.

JDK 1.3.1, C2.0.3, win2k, Saxon 6.5.2

Thanks,

Artur...