Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/02 11:08:24 UTC

ActiveMQ with JAVA 8

Hi,

Since Java8 has been released.
We should have ActiveMQ compiled with Java8. Is there any plan on this ?
Did ActiveMQ gods started to compile broker with it or run test against it ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ with JAVA 8

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:59 AM, khandelwalanuj
<kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But when can we expect AcitveMQ built with java8.
> Is there a plan to do it in ActiveMQ5.10 ? or later ?

5.10 is being closed down and supports java 1.6 and 1.7 currently.

For AMQ 5.11 yeah then java8 supports should be on the roadmap.
If there is no JIRA ticket about this then fell free to create one.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: ActiveMQ with JAVA 8

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.

Re: ActiveMQ with JAVA 8

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
ActiveMQ does not yet build with java 8.
Hadrian

Re: ActiveMQ with JAVA 8

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.
Anybody get a chance to look at this ?