Posted to user@poi.apache.org by dgv <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/24 15:56:46 UTC

POI Page breaks

I am having an issue with setting page breaks using POI.

I have a sheet from columns A thru H. I set a column break using POI
at column H. When I open the excel document and do a page break preview,
I see my page break at H and one to the left (column G) in dotted line.

When I do a print preview of this sheet, the preview only shows data
upto column G. If I manually drag the dotted line in the page break
preview to the column H, my print previvew shows up as intended.

I've tried

HSSFPrintSetup ps = sheet.getPrintSetup();
ps.setFitWidth((short) 1);

but this does not help.

when I do a sheet.getColumnBreaks(), I only get the one that I set at H.

So maybe the dotted line I see in the page break preview is not a
page break...I even tried defining the Print area to cover all the columns
from A-H..didnt help either.

Please let me know if i can provide any further information.

DGV