Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "krkumar24061975@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/28 13:25:41 UTC

Ignite Data loss

Hi Guys - I have ignite cache with persistence enabled. Three days back I was
having 11 billion events in the cache and yesterday it became around 10
billion and now its around 8.9 billion. Ignite data is constantly going down
on its own. Am I doing something wrong with my config or have you guys faced
similar problem ever??

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

Re: Ignite Data loss

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Please attach full logs from all nodes for investigation.

ср, 29 апр. 2020 г. в 06:48, krkumar24061975@gmail.com <

Re: Ignite Data loss

Posted by "krkumar24061975@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ignite Data loss

Posted by akorensh <al...@gmail.com>.
You are using PARTITIONED caches, and some nodes might have left the grid
causing data loss
look for this message:  Topology snapshot [ .. servers=1, clients=0]
see if you are seeing servers appear or disappear?

Try changing your cache config to REPLICATED to see whether this issue
re-occurs?

Re: Ignite Data loss

Posted by "krkumar24061975@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex - Here is the cache configuration for the cache
			CacheConfiguration<Long, byte[]> cacheConfig = new
CacheConfiguration<>();
			cacheConfig.setCacheMode(CacheMode.PARTITIONED);
			cacheConfig.setRebalanceMode(CacheRebalanceMode.ASYNC);
			cacheConfig.setRebalanceDelay(rebalanceDelay);
			cacheConfig.setName("eventCache-" + tenantRunId + "-" + tenantId);
			cacheConfig.setBackups(1);
			cacheConfig.setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.ATOMIC);

cacheConfig.setWriteSynchronizationMode(CacheWriteSynchronizationMode.FULL_SYNC);
			IgniteCache<Long, byte[]> cache =
IgniteContextWrapper.getInstance().getEngine()
					.getOrCreateCache(cacheConfig);

Here is how i am looking at the size

logger.info("Events already persisted into store for Tenant :  " + tenantId
+ " are "
					+ cache.sizeLong(CachePeekMode.PRIMARY));

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

Re: Ignite Data loss

Posted by akorensh <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  Are you using expiry policies?
  https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies
  Share your config?

  How are you measuring the #  of entries?
Thanks, Alex