Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Rohan Verma <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/14 13:09:14 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #8089 Load all comments for Discussions in Tickets

Yes, but I wanted to change the behaviour of only tickets and MRs to have no paging. Forums and blog comments can be left with their original behavior.

from:
`{{c.thread.display(value=thread,new_post_text="New Comment",page=page,limit=limit,count=count)}}`
to:
`{{c.thread.display(value=thread,new_post_text="New Comment")}}`

in: `merge_request.html` and `ticket.html`

https://forge-allura.apache.org/u/rhnvrm/allura/ci/e88951a507f6a8c8bb385a11c0aadb3828b6c253/

---

** [tickets:#8089] Load all comments for Discussions in Tickets**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Sat Jun 04, 2016 02:53 AM UTC by Rohan Verma
**Last Updated:** Mon Jun 06, 2016 03:11 PM UTC
**Owner:** Rohan Verma

Hello,

Since we utilize the same discussion tool between the Forum's and Tickets and Merge Requests;

I want to propose that we disable pagination for tickets and merge requests and load all the comments in the ticket at once. It is a simple one line change and I have already made the change in one of my branches and would be happy to send a merge request if this is suitable.

My observations are:
1. Tickets/MRs utilize a lot of shared information that might be useful to scroll through.
2. Due to pagination being less friendly to Search Engines, content inside issues often do not show up on search resulting in duplicate tickets being made.
3. Similarly, duplication of comments might also take place, say for example during the resolution of a ticket some user points out some information in page 2 but the new user reading it might post the same information without having to reach page 2.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/