Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/20 01:05:03 UTC

maven generated site - 1st try

Hi!

I'v committed the first version of a general OpenWebBeans site maven configuration.

You can find all the stuff under src/site

simply run
$> mvn clean site
$> firefox target/site/index.html &

This will take a few seconds since all modules and hence also all impl test cases will run subsequently.
If you like to NOT run mvn nested then simply use
$> mvn -N clean site

Don't be afraid, the links to the submodule sites do not work locally, but only after being site:deploy ed.
So just imagine it and open openwebbeans-impl/target/site/index.html manually ;)

Any comments/wishes/slaps etc are welcome!

Open discussion: how do we generally cope with multiple versions of OpenWebBeans in the future? What about a 1.1 or 1.2 Impl site concurrently?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: maven generated site - 1st try

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
> Ok fine, Mark. Then can we start to deploy our new site to
> the people.apache.org with removing the old Apache Forrest
> web site?

Please build the mvn site locally and review it first.
The maven generated site will look different than the site you generated with forest, but it should still contain all information (plz review).

Please also check the scp in the distributionManagements <site> section. I think I haven't updated this in the child modules yet, so the link to the submodules will not work out of the box (will do this in the evening).
If you want to use it, you also have to add a proper <server> section in your ~/.m2/settings.xml containing username/password/umask/filemask.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.