Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2000/10/14 06:15:57 UTC

FW: Xerces C++

----------
From: "Stansbury, Jack" <js...@vignette.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:22:42 -0500
To: "'webmaster@xml.apache.org'" <we...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: Xerces C++

On the following web page:

http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html

there is a sentence:

"Xerces-C is faithful to the XML 1.0 recommendation and associated standards
(DOM 1.0, SAX 1.0, SAX 2.0, Namespaces), DOM Level 2 version 1.0."

Is the syntax correct in this sentence, or is "DOM Level 2 version 1.0" one
of the "associated standards" and thus should be inside the parentheses? I'm
not quite sure what it is saying as it stands now.

Thanks,
Jack

Re: Xerces C++

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
I assume its saying that Level II is not a recommendation yet, right?
Whether that's really true I haven't been keeping up, but I think that's
what its trying to say.

--------------------------
Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"It takes two buttocks to make friction"
    - African Proverb

Re: Xerces C++

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
Jack,

Don't try to read any subtle meanings into the sentence quoted below -
it's just sloppily written.

Xerces C implements DOM Level 2 core and several of the optional DOM level
2 modules.  DOM Level 2 is not yet a W3C recommendation, and Xerces-C will
track any changes that the W3C may make to the proposal.

Neither SAX nor DOM define standardized C++ interfaces.  The Xerces-C SAX
and DOM implementations attempt to adhere to the spirit and intent of the
standard interfaces (Java in the case of SAX, Java and IDL for the DOM),
but are not themselves defined by a standard, because there is no
applicable standard.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com