Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Abrar Hussain <fa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/29 15:00:09 UTC

Problem while reading excel file data using POI HSSF event user model

Hi,

I using Apache POI HSSF event user model from last 5 months. My problem is
that when a blank row is inserted by right clicking on any row, then POI
don't read data which is below new inserted row, but when data is deleted
from any row and that row become empty then POI read data in correct manner.

In other words, If file has 4 rows and new row is inserted by right clicking
on 3rd row, now file has 5 lines, 1st,2nd,4th and 5th line contains data but
3rd don't. then data below 2nd line  line will not be read. In 2nd case,
when data is deleted by highlighting on 3rd row then, now file has 3 row
which contains data 1st,2nd and 4th line and in this case both 1st,2nd and
4th line is read by POI.

Can anybody tell me the solution of this problem? Is this POI HSSF problem
or some other issues. I am using Apache POI poi-3.0-alpha1 version.

Waiting for reply.

RE: Problem while reading excel file data using POI HSSF event user model

Posted by Christian Gosch <ch...@inovex.de>.
Hi,

you state that you are using POI 3.0 alpha1. This version is deprecated
;-)

POI 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.1 are final. Try these before going further :-)

--cg

--
Dipl.-Inform. Christian Gosch
Systems Development