Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2010/05/10 12:01:14 UTC

Re: First draft user docs on maps

On 05/07/2010 09:35 PM, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 05:21 PM, Steve Olson wrote:
>> Thanks everyone for the replies. It looks like the map interface could
>> do the job nicely. Is there some advantage to going another route?
>>
>> Note that it will not be known at compile time what the data row is
>> going to look like; it will be obtained from the database during
>> program execution. Ideally, I would like to send multiple rows in a
>> single message.
>
> I've added basic information on maps here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jonathan/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid.html
>
> For C++ and Python, read this part:
> http://people.apache.org/~jonathan/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid.html#section-Maps

In c++ the value of map entries are instances of qpid::types::Variant.
There is no direct support for a single char in this class (and the
corresponding rows in the table are incorrect).

I think it would make more sense to use the definitions of types as used
in Variant.h for this table. The exact width of e.g. int is platform and
compiler dependent.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: First draft user docs on maps

Posted by guillaume <gu...@gmail.com>.
Is encoding usine pb Is faster than with map and qpid encode function ?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org