Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Michael Täschner <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/11/21 14:50:54 UTC

Karaf 2.4.0 with Pax-Logging-Logback

Hi All,

after getting pax-logging-logback implementation running in ServiceMix
5.1.x, based on Karaf 2.3.x, I face issues again in ServiceMix 5.3.0 using
Karaf 2.4.0

I replaced the pax-logging-service bundle inside etc/startup.properties (as
before) but was surprised to see a pax-logging-service bundle running in
the container. Sifting through features.xml to find the root issue
importing pax-logging-service I found:

karaf-standard-features: karaf-framework feature declares bundle
pax-logging-service !! I am puzzled: why are these "core" bundles declared
in a feature if they are explicitly started before the feature deployment
through startup.properties ?? Is this duplicate declaration really helpful
?

How can I proceed to continue using pax-logging-logback with minimal
changes to the karaf configuration? I already customize startup.properties
as stated before but I am hesitant to override the karaf standard features
xml.

On a related note: it would be extremely helpful if we had some kind of
reverse search for features, i.e. search feature by bundle (name/symbolic
name) to find where it is declared.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Michael

Re: Karaf 2.4.0 with Pax-Logging-Logback

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

the default etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg is defined in the framework
feature. Basically the framework feature is the boot feature per se. [1]

I think it's best you get the latest sources and start playing with your
ideas. I'm not sure there is a better solution for it, though it might be
worth to look at.

regards, Achim

[1] -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=karaf.git;a=blob;f=assemblies/features/framework/src/main/filtered-resources/resources/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg;h=73f3bbf134c067dc955c0f9aadb19b22a907f1df;hb=HEAD

Posted by Michael Täschner <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,