Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com> on 2006/06/19 09:39:42 UTC

about SendRedirect

Hello,

Due to the application need , i want to redirect request from portlet
to other psml file after processAction. I think i can achieve it by
sendRedirect.
I want to confirm that is it right thing to do to redirect to a new psml
file from portlet.

thanks and regards
prashant
--
Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com>

Re: about SendRedirect

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Prashant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to the application need , i want to redirect request from portlet
> to other psml file after processAction. I think i can achieve it by
> sendRedirect.
> I want to confirm that is it right thing to do to redirect to a new psml
> file from portlet.
Yes, that's possible.
Check the actionResponse.sendRedirect(String) javadoc for restrictions.

Re: about SendRedirect

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
Hi,

that's what we are doing as well. IMO there are only two ways go to
another PSML:

1.) link in the template

2.) sendRedirect (which is not nice because it results in a extra
request response cycle to and from the browser)

Joachim

--

. frankfurt am main, 21°c, zur zeit ein wenig
  bewölkt in 549 m. die sichtweite reicht weiter als

< joachim müller
  joachim@wemove.com
  t +49 69 759003 11

  wemove digital solutions GmbH