Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Kuchekar <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 19:41:46 UTC

Sqoop import/export tool fails with PriviledgedActionException

Hi,

     I have a Hadoop 2 Standalone mode installed on my local along with
sqoop 1.4.4.

When I try to run the import/export sqoop commands on my local, I get
following error :

14/04/24 13:03:33 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation:
PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:SIMPLE)
cause:java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
hdfs://localhost:9000/Volumes/Study-Work/Study/Hadoop/sqoop1/lib/avro-mapred-1.5.3.jar

14/04/24 13:03:33 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running
import job: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
hdfs://localhost:9000/Volumes/Study-Work/Study/Hadoop/sqoop1/lib/avro-mapred-1.5.3.jar

I do have the mentioned jar (avro-mapred-1.5.3.jar) in the mentioned
location. Not sure, what I am missing.

I have set the SQOOP_HOME and required variable, but not sure what I am
doing wrong.

Could you please correct me.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks.

Nilesh Kuchekar

Re: Sqoop import/export tool fails with PriviledgedActionException

Posted by Sergey Murylev <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kuchekar,
> I do have the mentioned jar (avro-mapred-1.5.3.jar) in the mentioned
> location. Not sure, what I am missing.
Make sure that you can read this file as same user as you use to run sqoop.
According to logs you run sqoop as root. I not sure that root has such
privileges. You can try to disable privileges
<http://blog.timmattison.com/archives/2011/12/26/how-to-disable-hdfs-permissions-for-hadoop-development/>
or just try to run it from another user (for example hdfs, mapred).

Sergey

Posted by Sergey Murylev <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kuchekar,

Posted by Sergey Murylev <se...@gmail.com>.