Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Gotosleep3 <dw...@twininteractive.com> on 2007/12/04 19:52:30 UTC

CXFServlet Creating WSDL with
I have looked through source code, documentation, and Google and have not
found the answer.

Is there a way to have CXFServlet create a WSDL without using the
<wsdl:import
location="http:....../pipelinemgmt/services/WorkplanService?wsdl=WorkplanService.wsdl"
namespace="http://BLAHBLAH/">
    </wsdl:import>

TAG?

We have a 3rd party vendor tool that introspects the WSDl and does not seem
to like it.

Thank you in advance.

Re: CXFServlet Creating WSDL with Posted by Gotosleep3 <dw...@twininteractive.com>.
So are you saying CXF cannot handle this.  You have to do it yourself with a
custom servlet...?

Thanks

Re: CXFServlet Creating WSDL with Posted by Christian Vest Hansen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Where I work, we had some clients that didn't like externally
referenced schema files, so we wrote a servlet that, given the url to
the WSDL in the query string, would fetch the WSDL and return it with
the external schemas injected directly into the WSDL.

I suppose you could try something like that.

On 12/4/07, Gotosleep3 <dw...@twininteractive.com> wrote:

> I have looked through source code, documentation, and Google and have not
> found the answer.
>
> Is there a way to have CXFServlet create a WSDL without using the
> <wsdl:import
> location="http:....../pipelinemgmt/services/WorkplanService?wsdl=WorkplanService.wsdl"
> namespace="http://BLAHBLAH/">
>     </wsdl:import>
>
> TAG?
>
> We have a 3rd party vendor tool that introspects the WSDl and does not seem
> to like it.
>

> Thank you in advance.

Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.

Re: CXFServlet Creating WSDL with Posted by Gotosleep3 <dw...@twininteractive.com>.
Dan,

Thank you, your suggestion has worked wonders!

dkulp wrote:

> If all the namespaces are the same, CXF should generate a WSDL that
> doesn't use any wsdl imports.
>
> For the most part, add @WebService(targetNamespace = ".....") annotations
> to both the SEI interface and the implementation making sure the
> targetNamespace is the same for both.   That should allow both the
> logical stuff (interface/portType) and the physical
> (impl/service/binding) to be in the same namespace and thus the same
> wsdl.
>

> Dan
>

> On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Gotosleep3 wrote:
>> I have looked through source code, documentation, and Google and have
>> not found the answer.
>>
>> Is there a way to have CXFServlet create a WSDL without using the
>> <wsdl:import
>> location="http:....../pipelinemgmt/services/WorkplanService?wsdl=Workp
>>lanService.wsdl" namespace="http://BLAHBLAH/">
>>     </wsdl:import>
>>
>> TAG?
>>
>> We have a 3rd party vendor tool that introspects the WSDl and does not
>> seem to like it.
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>

> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer
> IONA
> P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
> daniel.kulp@iona.com
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

RE: CXFServlet Creating WSDL with Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
If you annotate the service with your handwritten wsdl, it will be
returned, perhaps with addresses improved. if you don't, I think that
you get a newly-generated one.

However, how to you expect to get a single WSDL when you have multiple
target namespace?

RE: CXFServlet Creating WSDL with Posted by "Silberman, Nathan" <NS...@doubleclick.com>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp