Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de> on 2005/07/25 11:45:50 UTC

Re: Windows XP mapping

In February there was a discussion about mapping WebDAV to WinXP.
One guy posted a solution to that problem, but I don't get it work.
Does anyone know if I need a special config file for tomcat server and
slide?
Or is it a windows config problem?

Thanks for any help...
regards Tobias

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.
thanks jacob

The WebDAV is now working from root directory
But I still can't get it work with MS Redir.

  >net use * http://localhost
  Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten.

  Der Netzwerkname wurde nicht gefunden.

Look like the Redir can't find the WebDAV.
In the server's log is no entry about this try to access WebDAV.
But if I specify a subfolder e.g. /files

 >net use * http://localhost/files
  Systemfehler 267 aufgetreten.

  Der Verzeichnisname ist ungültig.

the server's log shows this entry
http-80-Processor23, 11-Aug-2005 08:42:37, unauthenticated, PROPFIND, 207
"Multi-Status", Multi-Status, 15 ms, /files, /files, 0,
Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600

What's wrong??
Tobi

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
In the server.xml file:

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Michiel Konstapel <mi...@konstapel.nl>.

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.
Thanks for your answer John

do you have a Jetty server xml file, where wedbav/slide is working?could you
post it?
I'll try that with a tcptunnel and (if I get it work) post it.
I don't think there are more logging options for tomcat, but i'll will
investigate in that direction.

regards tobi

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-slide-user/200507.mbox/%3c26869.1122368169@www78.gmx.net%3e

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by John Rousseau <jr...@archivas.com>.
Hi Tobias,

Tobias Maier wrote:
> Hi John
> server port is 80
>
> when I try to connect by \\pc-ab3\slide there's the same error
>
> the server's log shows:
> PROPFIND, 207 "Multi-Status", Multi-Status, 47 ms, /, /slide/, 0,
> Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600
>
> I think this command needs not to be an error, but anyhow I think the Redir
> is unable to communicate with the tomcat/slide server....
> No idea why. Did you try on your machine?
> Do you think the server's root dir must be slide(WebDAV enabled) too?
> Other ideas?
>
> regards Tobi

John Rousseau
Archivas, Inc.
jrousseau@archivas.com

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.
Hi John

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by John Rousseau <jr...@archivas.com>.
Hi Tobias,

Tobias Maier wrote:
> Hi John
> In July I posted some error messages. They can be found in the archive.
> I don't know why my message isn't attached to the end of my thread....
> You can read it
> here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-slide-user/200507.mbox/%3c26869.1122368169@www78.gmx.net%3e
>
> regards tobi

John Rousseau
Archivas, Inc.
jrousseau@archivas.com

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.
Hi John

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by John Rousseau <jr...@archivas.com>.
Hi Tobias,

Tobias Maier wrote:
> Does noone has an idea? how to solve my problem?

John Rousseau
Archivas, Inc.
jrousseau@archivas.com

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.

RE: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.
Well, to provide Information to help me, I send you some outputs of the
server's log and the corresponding commands in my cmd-shell
server's log (comments in []):
[when trying to access with firefox]
http-80-Processor25, 26-Jul-2005 10:43:44, unauthenticated, GET, 200 "OK",
OK, 281 ms, /, /slide/, -, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE;
rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 Firefox/1.0.6

[when trying to access with cmd]
http-80-Processor24, 26-Jul-2005 10:43:55, unauthenticated, PROPFIND, 207
"Multi-Status", Multi-Status, 47 ms, /, /slide/, 0,
Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600

and here's the cmd output:
C:\maier\temp\java-dev\FileDialogtest>net use * http://pc-ab3/slide
Systemfehler 267 aufgetreten.

Der Verzeichnisname ist ungültig.

Sorry, I tested on a german Windows.
Hope this Info helps you to help me..

Tobias

RE: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.
Hi Sven

RE: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de>.

Re: Windows XP mapping

Posted by Tobias Maier <6r...@gmx.de>.

> Rakesh Saha <ra...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> For me http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/xp.html works [ I am working with
> Jetty although ] .

Well, this method doesn't add a drive, but only a network place.
How can I e.g. access this place with Java?
And this networkplace only allows me to copy, move and delete object, not to
open them. When you double click a .exe file it is first copied into a
temporary folder and then executed.
So I hope there are other solutions how I can map it to a drive letuser.jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:39:00 +0200 (MEST)
From: "Tobias Maier" <6r...@gmx.de>
To: "Slide Users Mailingter...

 List" <sl...@jakarta.apache.org>