Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sydney Henrard <sh...@smartwavesa.com> on 2022/09/05 19:08:33 UTC

Clustered JDBC Aggregation in Kubernetes

Hello,

We are currently migrating a microservice that contains a route that is using aggregation with persistence (LevelDB) from VMs to Kubernetes.

We want to be able to deploy the micro service as a Kubernetes Deployment. That's why we switched to ClusteredJdbcAggregationRepository so this way each pod can share the same aggregation database.

The documentation mentioned a limited support for recovery. The recovery by instance is not suitable for pods in the context of a Deployment since pods are ephemeral. An alternative is to deploy the microservice as a Kubernetes StatefulSet but we want to avoid that.

Is is planned to support full recover (any pod can recover any exchange)? Or any other alternative?

Thanks
Sydney