Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/25 15:02:26 UTC

OT: How to report a known spammer company?

Hi, list. In the past few months, I've seen an increasing rate of
mails coming from many servers hosted here in Argentina, with valid
domains, and Linux architecture (at least, that's what p0f is
reporting), thus they get -1'ed at scoring.
Digging around I've found many of these companies offering "email
marketing" come from the same IP block, or are registered domains of
the same "email marketing" advertised company. The range of products
vary from CD-packed-DIY courses, to several TV-infomercial advertised
products.
They don't even offer an opt-out method, their excuse is that "this is
a one-time contact".
I want to know how to report them to a RBL server (currently I report
them via SpamCop, Razor and DCC, besides I'm blacklisting them at
local.cf), but I think it would be good for the rest of us here in
Argentina to blacklist these guys.

Thanks in advance,

Luis
GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...
Linux Registered User #448382.
When I grow up, I wanna be like Theo...

Re: OT: How to report a known spammer company?

Posted by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/25, John D. Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:
>
> > I want to know how to report them to a RBL server (currently I report
> > them via SpamCop, Razor and DCC, besides I'm blacklisting them at
> > local.cf), but I think it would be good for the rest of us here in
> > Argentina to blacklist these guys.
>
> Do they have URLs in the message bodies?
>
>   http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi

No, they mostly have telephone contact numbers.

I'll look better to find and report the unsubscribe mailto: addresses
they sport.

Thanks

Luis

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.