Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com> on 2019/07/31 20:37:05 UTC

SSH sessions never connect

I have a Linux VM that I use as a reverse SSH tunnel host for to enable me
to connect to remote machines by SSH and VNC. The SSH connections start at
port 20000 on localhost and the VNC connections start at port 30000 on
localhost. I can connect to these remote machines just fine in a terminal
or by VNC from the desktop.

Guacamole has no problem connecting to the VNC machines, but it can't
connect to the SSH machines. Catalina.out always shows this:

14:35:44.669 [http-bio-8080-exec-2] ERROR
o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint - Creation of WebSocket tunnel to
guacd failed: Connection to guacd timed out.

How do I solve this?

Larry Athey / *Director of Remote Support*
larryathey@mazaroth.com / 949 220 2949

Mazaroth IT Solutions, Inc. / 888 633 9271
www.mazaroth.com

Re: SSH sessions never connect

Posted by Cullen Lorsung <cu...@thedrift.co>.
Man, I knew there was a reason I stopped subscribing to mailing lists.
_______________________________

gå på

Posted by Niubbo75 <a....@me.com>.
larryathey wrote
> For the record. I currently use WebSSH to get a command prompt on Linux
> and
> Mac OS systems. I use the default VNC program in Mac OS to get a remote
> desktop, but it doesn't work with Vino based Linux systems for screen
> sharing. I looked at Guacamole because it looked like an all-in-one
> solution, but it's clear that it has a long way to go. I'll be
> unsubscribing here and restoring my VM. Hope you guys catch up in the
> future.
>
> Larry Athey / *Director of Remote Support*

> larryathey@

>  / 949 220 2949
>
> Mazaroth IT Solutions, Inc. / 888 633 9271
> www.mazaroth.com

I have just setup a VNC connection from Guacamole to my Macbook, filled all
required fields, click on save, go to Guacamole's home, click on my new VNC
connections, login to my Macbook.

I haven't add a single line of code in Guacamole 1.0.0
Of course I have corectly setup my Mac to receive VNC connections.
It works!

My 2 cents
Alessandro

Re: SSH sessions never connect

Posted by Niubbo75 <a....@me.com>.

VNC into MacBook via Guacamole, it work!

Re: SSH sessions never connect

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
FYI - Pull requests have been submitted for this:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/pull/232
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/433

-Nick

Posted by "Stefan M. Radman" <sm...@kmi.com.INVALID>.
Alessandro,

You probably have configured macOS screen sharing with option "VNC viewers may control screen with password:" and entered a VNC password, correct?

What I would like to do is to use "MacOS Screen Sharing" with individual user names and passwords.

The issue starts with not having a field to enter the VNC username in the Guacamole GUI (but it probably does not end there).

Stefan

Posted by Niubbo75 <a....@me.com>.

Posted by "Stefan M. Radman" <sm...@kmi.com.INVALID>.
The ability to connect to Apple VNC would be a useful feature.

Please vote for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-514

Thanks
Stefan

On Aug 1, 2019, at 13:08, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:33 PM ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.invalid>> wrote:

Larry,

Although I don't use Mac's do you think it might be worth simply submitting a ticket, so the request is known, rather than berating the team for being out-dated?

I think Larry is gone, now, but the issue is already known - just hasn't had any attention, yet:

This is a really useful project with fantastic support, I'd expect some positive input could result in some useful response(s) for those that use Apple's.

Thanks, I, for one, appreciate the kind words!  We have a good community, here!

-Nick

Re: SSH sessions never connect

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Larry,

Although I don't use Mac's do you think it might be worth simply
submitting a ticket, so the request is known, rather than berating the
team for being out-dated?

This is a really useful project with fantastic support, I'd expect some
positive input could result in some useful response(s) for those that
use Apple's.

Cheers.

Posted by David Barber <md...@aol.com.INVALID>.
I am sure a considerable donation Apple style would really speed that
"catch up" process along :D
For my needs and many others Guacamole and it's support by the team have
been breathtaking, one of the finest small open source projects about.

---

Re: SSH sessions never connect

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
I'm not with Guacamole

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
sorry didn't see orig post

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 20:05 Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com> wrote:

> Yes I can log in to the machines locally by using "ssh user@localhost -p
> 30001" just fine, I guess my original post didn't convey that well enough.
>
> I think I may be going down a bad rabbit hole here. I see that Guacamole
> only supports VNC connections that just require a password, rather than
> username and password. The Mac OS VNC server requires both. So if Guacamole
> can't connect to a Mac OS VNC server, please let me know now. I can't put
> any more time into this, I'm already 3 days deep into getting the damn
> thing running.

Guacamole currently only supports password authentication for VNC
connections.  It does not support servers that require username and
password for VNC connections.

-Nick

Re: SSH sessions never connect

Posted by Larry Athey <la...@mazaroth.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Is the target machine setup for ssh access?
Firewall etc?  If linux, /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Can you directly ssh into it from your local machine avoiding guacamole?