Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vbm <bm...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/26 13:27:01 UTC

3rd-party-store not working (Record is not getting updated in Hive)

Hi,

I am using Ignite Data Streamer to pull the record from Kafka and store it
in 3rd party store (hive).

I am able to pull the record from kafka and put it in ignite cache, but the
write through behaviour is not working and no insert/update is happening to
hive. I see entries only in ignite cache.

I have started the Ignite server by providing cacheStoreFactory
configuration in the startup xml file and also have enabled write through
flag. I am doing a put using *IgniteBiTuple*.
I dont see any error in ignite log or hive log.

Looks like write through behavior is not working.

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: 3rd-party-store not working (Record is not getting updated in Hive)

Posted by Vishwas Bm <bm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply. We are able to achieve the write through behavior
after enabling the flag.

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

do you use allowOverwrite=true for DataStreamer Only in this case updates
will be propogated to the underlying cache store.

Evgenii