Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2004/04/29 00:45:05 UTC

[general] Local repository for Maven builds

Hi all,

For [configuration] I am doing testing using a jar that hasn't been deployed
on ibiblio or any other Maven enabled repository.  Has anyone thought about
hosting a repository on commons?  Maybe
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/repository?  It would be nice to have a
spot where we can put non Apache/non hosted jars that are needed in various
projects without going through the hassle of trying to get it uploaded onto
the main Maven repository.

Opinons?

Eric

Re: [general] Local repository for Maven builds

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Eric Pugh wrote:
> For [configuration] I am doing testing using a jar that hasn't been deployed
> on ibiblio or any other Maven enabled repository.  Has anyone thought about
> hosting a repository on commons?  Maybe
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/repository?  It would be nice to have a
> spot where we can put non Apache/non hosted jars that are needed in various
> projects without going through the hassle of trying to get it uploaded onto
> the main Maven repository.

http://apache.org/dist/java-repository/ is the Apache repository.  It's
fairly new.

As far as non-Apache jars, I don't think they are allowed to be hosted
on ASF hardware.

I'm not a politician, so hopefully someone else can step in to
officially confirm or deny this.