Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David-DiSiD Technologies <dc...@disid.com> on 2011/09/26 19:21:08 UTC

Apply only one promotion per order

Hi all!

Is there any way to indicate that one promotion can't be applied when any
other one is currently applied to the order?

Same question from other point of view: is there any way to apply only one
promotion per order?

Thanks!

-----
David
DiSiD Technologies, S.L. - http://www.disid.com

Re: Apply only one promotion per order

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if you want to write up what you went through to generated this promo
then put in a jira in docbook format, it can be put in the
marketing/documentation folder.
you can write this in OpenOffice write an save as a docbook xml.

David-DiSiD Technologies sent the following on 9/26/2011 10:42 PM:

Posted by varun bhansaly <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

I have a similar requirement where in two promotions have been setup on the
store.

The requirement is that if web store user uses Promotion 2, shipping
discount should NOT be applied.

Below are the details of the promotions -
1. Promotion 1 - If shipping method is UPS Ground give 100 % shipping
discount (using action Shippin X % Discount).
2. Promotion 2 - This requires a promo code and makes a product available at
a special price (using action Product for [Special Promo] Price) + no
shipping discount should be given.

To give an idea about how promotion 2 is setup, it has two rules -
rule 1 - negates 100 % shipping discount if shipping method is UPS Ground
rule 2 - product is available at a special price.

So with this setup, what happens is -
1. If user chooses UPS Ground, shipping discount is negated, BUT product is
available at default price.
2. If user chooses any other UPS method, shipping charges are applied, and
product is available at special price.

Could you please list down the steps you took to solve your scenario.

If any one has any suggestions, please do post.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:12 AM, David-DiSiD Technologies <
dcervera@disid.com> wrote:

> Thanks Deb,
>
> AFAIK, these limits affect to the current order, or current customer, or
> current promotion. I mean, they don't interact with other promotions
> currently applied, then they don't solve my problem.
>
> Anyways, I think I found the solution. I've to use the *promo rules*, and
> configure them taking in account the other promotions that can be applied
> and their own rules. It means that the "promo admin" has to know what are
> the promotions configured in system, their rules, their dates, etc.
>
> Thanks again
>
> -----
> David
> DiSiD Technologies, S.L. - http://www.disid.com

Varun Bhansaly

Re: Apply only one promotion per order

Posted by David-DiSiD Technologies <dc...@disid.com>.
Thanks Deb,

AFAIK, these limits affect to the current order, or current customer, or
current promotion. I mean, they don't interact with other promotions
currently applied, then they don't solve my problem.

Anyways, I think I found the solution. I've to use the *promo rules*, and
configure them taking in account the other promotions that can be applied
and their own rules. It means that the "promo admin" has to know what are
the promotions configured in system, their rules, their dates, etc.

Thanks again

-----
David
DiSiD Technologies, S.L. - http://www.disid.com

Re: Apply only one promotion per order

Posted by de...@tcs.com.
When you are creating a new  promo,you can configure the limits per
order/customer etc.
Example are below.
Limit per order
Limit per customer

Hope it helps..

Regards,
Deb Panda

From:
David-DiSiD Technologies <dc...@disid.com>
To:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:
09/26/2011 10:51 PM
Subject:
Apply only one promotion per order

Hi all!

Is there any way to indicate that one promotion can't be applied when any
other one is currently applied to the order?

Same question from other point of view: is there any way to apply only one
promotion per order?

Thanks!

-----
David