Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by userx <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/13 11:27:53 UTC

How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

Hi team,

I went through the documentation available at
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-modes#section-local-mode to
understand what does the LOCAL mode mean.

I have a following scenario.

1) There are 5 Ignite data grid servers. I1, I2, I3, I4, I5. The machines
are M1, M2, M3, M4, M5.
2) There are 20 clients (C1 to C20) writing data to the same cache (say name
"CACHE1") in the LOCAL MODE. They are running on M1 to M5. So there are four
java clients on one machine.
3) Say C1 writes CACHE1.put("1", "1"). There are no back ups in the
configuration so its just the primary node clients are writing to.
4) Can C5 which is running on M2 query CACHE.get("1") and get "1" ?

Since this is the most light weight configuration, I am trying this
configuration (the assumption is that all the  Ignite servers are running)

Re: How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

Posted by userx <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

Re: How does a cache behave in LOCAL mode ?

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

LOCAL caches are local to a node, you are not expected to see its values
from any other nodes.

Please consider avoiding use of LOCAL caches since they see very low level
of use or testing, considered for dropping in future releases.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by userx <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi team,

Posted by userx <ga...@gmail.com>.