Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manu Kits <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/03 16:43:00 UTC

Moving/Reading files from DB Server to App Server

Hello,

I have 2 different Servers - App Server and DB Server.

I have script.sql file on my DB Server and so how can I move this file to
App Server using Servlets/JSP.... I know we have to use
FileInputStream...but not sure it will solve this problem.

Any information on this is appreciated.

THANKS!

Re: Moving/Reading files from DB Server to App Server

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
- FTP
- SCP (SSH)
- HTTP
- NFS/samba

John

Posted by Jan Behrens <ja...@diekleinedomain.de>.

Hello Manu,

what do you actually want to do? Do you just want to move a textfile from one
machine to the other, or do you want to establish a connection from your Java
sources on Tomcat to your DB Server in order to access your DB with
servlets/jsp? IMHO a bit more info on what _exactly_ you want to do would be
good.

Regards Jan