Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <ak...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/28 21:03:58 UTC

Broken OpenID

Hi,

We have had many trying out ESME this last week.
Dick and I have picked up several new users on twitter who all tried
to sign up with the currently broken OpenID sign on.
I feel it gives a very bad impression of ESME to have something which
doesn't work already on the sign on page.

I will remove the OpenID field in new UI until someone has fixed the
problem, unless someone objects of course.

/Anne

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Just committed the change but we need to get the edit profile working again.

D.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <ak...@gmail.com>.
Wow,  you are moving fast :)
I am not sure if Darren reads every email on the list these days, so
in case you at some point would like to ask him something I recommend
you try off-list..

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <ak...@gmail.com>.
Vassil,

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Darren or David.
>
> There is a description of using compass and lift in the lift book

No.  Sorry.

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> I looked at the compass stuff the other day. What is strange is that
> >> it doesn't even work if you use the file-based indexing. I put traces
> >> everywhere in the search routine and still didn't see anything. It
> >> would great to be able to see what the compass indexes include but I
> >> didn't find a way to do this.
> >
> > I found Luke, which is supposedly able to browse a lucene index:
> > http://www.getopt.org/luke/. I didn't see any results, not sure if
> > this is because it doesn't work or because the index is empty. I'm
> > almost sure nothing gets indexed, though, because on my machine I only
> > get 3 files of total size 48 bytes :)
> >
> > What I don't see is how the search data gets saved. I expected to find
> > this in some of the save/commit/create hooks of lift (afterSave,
> > afterCreate or afterCommit), but I don't see it even in our old
> > version on googlecode. I don't remember who committed the compass
> > code, maybe we should ask Darren?

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Darren or David.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Mrinal Wadhwa <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Whenever someone gets to fixing the Edit Profile page, it would be great to
pull out the view to a template so that its customizable .. when I last
worked on the UI that page was impossible to change, I couldn't even figure
out how to capitalize the form field prompts, I eventually ended up hacking
around by changing things via jQuery after the page reached the client at
runtime.

Thanks,
Mrinal

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
>>BTW does anyone know what happened to the user-edit page?

Got lost somewhere as we transitioned to Apache. The HTML template is
still there in SVN but the MenuLoc in the scala code has vanished. I
tried to add it again (after looking at the old Google Code
repository) but I didn't get very far.

D.

Re: Broken OpenID

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <ak...@gmail.com>.