Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Onsite Support <su...@onsitecomputers.com.au> on 2012/05/27 03:31:21 UTC

3.0.2 Ubuntu package

Hello Cloudstack dev,

My apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

I just spent a few hours trying to upgrade our 2.2.14 cloudstack install to 3.0.2 and came across a few issues.

1. When installing the package, the cloud-setup-encryption is missing.

2. After running the install.sh software to upgrade the software, it tries to auto start the cloud-management service. This causes issues with the database as the cloud-setup-encryption hasn't been completed at that point. A db revert seems to fix the issue.

Regards,

Glen Baars  o  Onsite Computer Services  o  Phone: (08) 9792 5577

RE: 3.0.2 Ubuntu package

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.
Glen,
 Upgrade is not supposed to auto-start cloud-management service. Was the cloud-management service stopped before upgrading?
Copy of cloud-setup-encryption from the repo has references to few variables and won't work as is. You can try installing 3.0.2 on a different
machine and copy cloud-setup-encryption from there.

~kishan

RE: 3.0.2 Ubuntu package

Re: 3.0.2 Ubuntu package

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.