Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/30 04:45:46 UTC

downloading the backups for JUnit in some directory that is not "cleaned" by every build

Hi,

our builds on Jenkins do take a lot longer then before because those backup
zips are downloaded with every build freshly.
The build took 4-8 minutes beforehand, now its 25 minutes :)
And I think a reasonable amount of the time the build will re-download the
ZIPs.

Can't we simply put those backups in some directory that is not cleaned
with every build?
For example:
$OPENMEETINGS_ROOT/test/backups

The folder $OPENMEETINGS_ROOT/test/backups might be added to ".svnignore"
so that it won't get accidently commited when you build locally.

What do you think?

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: downloading the backups for JUnit in some directory that is not "cleaned" by every build

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
by " it can be moved to OM@googlecode" I mean it can be added to the ivy
managed files, but this will not speedup things, since ivy cache seems to
be cleaned

Latest build statictics: Took 8 min 2
sec<https://builds.apache.org/job/openmeetings/buildTimeTrend>
 on ubun <https://builds.apache.org/computer/ubuntu3>tu3 (
https://builds.apache.org/job/openmeetings/431/)
seems to be no speed degradation

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: downloading the backups for JUnit in some directory that is not "cleaned" by every build

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: downloading the backups for JUnit in some directory that is not "cleaned" by every build

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.