Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2021/03/24 17:23:45 UTC

Are we ready in DNS for 3.4.5 release?

Here's a quote from build/README which says my next step in the release process is to ask you all if you have to do whatever this says has to be done.
So I'm asking...

Confirm with SpamAssassin SysAdmins group that we are ready in DNS for
   masscheck and rule updates for the next version

   For many years all releases since 3.3.3 use the same ruleset.
     3.4.2 already has a cname for this.
     3.3.2 and before are set to a static ruleset.

   We have been good on using version specific and plugin conditions to
   allow one ruleset to rule them all.

   Since we plan to release rules that continue to be version compatible
   back to 3.3.3, only a CNAME is needed for newer releases to point at
   3.3.3.

Re: Are we ready in DNS for 3.4.5 release?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Hi Sidney,

So if you ever need, there is more information here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/InfraNotes2020

Yes, there is a 3.4.5 record

5.4.3.updates.spamassassin.org. 3599 IN CNAME
3.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org.

Regards,
KAM

--