Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Danilo Luiz Rheinheimer <da...@floripa.com.br> on 2002/09/26 20:57:03 UTC

Portal to a legacy system

Hello,

  I am in the process of use Jetspeed to create a portal to a legacy
system (wrote in Delphi who uses a Oracle database).
  This system controls a university, and is used by his professors,
students and employees.
  The question I have is how make the login of this users on Jetspeed
? All persons who will use the system have his data stored on the
Delphi system with his usernames and passwords. So I will not
replicate this information on another database, I will never create a
user on the portal but just access the information from the Oracle
database.
  What I am thinking in to do is implement all the interfaces
explained on http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/security.html to
get the data from my Delphi system. Some operations as
usermanagement.addUser will always throw a exception because I will
not allow user be created.

  And what about roles ? Each user will need to have a role base on
who he is (student, professor, employee).

  Comments please.

--
Best regards,
 Danilo                          mailto:danilo@floripa.com.br