Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yariel Ramos Moreno <yr...@ceis.cujae.edu.cu> on 2006/03/11 22:31:48 UTC

ApplicationResources.properties

Hi:

It is possible to have 2 keys with diferent names and the same value in the ApplicationResources.properties file and use it in the same action (LookupDispatchAction)?

Re: ApplicationResources.properties

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/11/06, Yariel Ramos Moreno <yr...@ceis.cujae.edu.cu> wrote:

> It is possible to have 2 keys with diferent names and the same value in the ApplicationResources.properties file and use it in the same action (LookupDispatchAction)?

I don't see how it could work.  It's a reverse lookup from the value
to the key.  If there are two identical values, how would it know
which key to pick?  (In practice you'll probably always see it take
the 'first' or 'last' value, depending on how the .properties file is
processed.)

If you give an example of what you're trying to do, someone may be
able to suggest an alternative.

--
Wendy