Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr> on 2003/08/21 15:28:37 UTC

Creation of custom SVG Fonts

I would like to create SVG Fonts using Batik, not by converting TrueType Fonts, but using custom Font definition material I have.

I have only found it possible by copying or subclassing the SVGFont class, and particularly :
  a.. adding a new public method, say createFont(... parameters...), replacing the existing main method of SVGFont class
  b.. modifying the writeFontAsSVGFragment method to use my custom Fonts parameters instead of TrueType Fonts
Is there any other possibility to do that ?