Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/11 14:53:58 UTC

kaffee local-env-brutus.sh on brutus

Folks,

i was chatting with dalibor about kaffee and gump and ant's
bootstrap.sh this morning. He pointed me to his mesage:
http://www.archivum.info/general@gump.apache.org/2004-11/msg00010.html

and the gump failure:
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/ant/bootstrap-ant/gump_work/buildscript_ant_bootstrap-ant.html

So, i have added the following 2 lines in
/usr/local/gump/kaffe/gump/cron/local-env-brutus.sh:
export JAVAC=jikes-kaffe
export ANT_OPTS="-Dbuild.compiler=jikes -Djavac.source=1.3"

Thanks,
dims

Re: kaffee local-env-brutus.sh on brutus

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>>That looks like the same problem I just had, although I was running the
>>gump.py in the root directory rather than the cron directory.  I believe
>
> you
>
>>need to run gump.sh from within the cron directory (cd cron && ./gump.sh)
>>since it uses the gump.py in the current directory.
>

> Yeah, sorry folks -- it's a bit of a mess. We've had all sorts of good
> intentions, and folks starting command line version of things (verse cron
> versions), and we need to clean up and focus until we have time to do them.
> Running the gump.sh in ./cron ought do the trick.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, that does the trick indeed.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Re: kaffee local-env-brutus.sh on brutus

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> That looks like the same problem I just had, although I was running the
> gump.py in the root directory rather than the cron directory.  I believe
you
> need to run gump.sh from within the cron directory (cd cron && ./gump.sh)
> since it uses the gump.py in the current directory.

Yeah, sorry folks -- it's a bit of a mess. We've had all sorts of good
intentions, and folks starting command line version of things (verse cron
versions), and we need to clean up and focus until we have time to do them.
Running the gump.sh in ./cron ought do the trick.

regards

Adam

Re: kaffee local-env-brutus.sh on brutus

Posted by Peter Janes <pe...@liberate.com>.
Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gump.py", line 118, in ?
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "gump.py", line 108, in main
>     getattr(command, "process")(options,arguments)
>   File "/var/tmp/topic/gump/python/gump/commands/build.py", line 41, in process
>     workspace = WorkspaceLoader(options.isCache()).load(ws)
>
> any idea what's going on?

That looks like the same problem I just had, although I was running the
gump.py in the root directory rather than the cron directory.  I believe you
need to run gump.sh from within the cron directory (cd cron && ./gump.sh)
since it uses the gump.py in the current directory.

Peter J.
--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski

Re: kaffee local-env-brutus.sh on brutus

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Davanum Srinivas <davanum <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now it's showing this:
>
> The jikes warnings can be ignored (though jikes is right and Ant's
> source should be fixed).
>
> Right at the end it looks as if Kaffe dies while running the freshly
> boostrapped Ant.  Looking at
> <http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/ant/bootstrap-ant/index.html> it
> says "Elapsed: 60mins" - so probably Gump has killed it.
>
> Stefan

I've tried to look into it, but my own gump instance seems to be broken after an
update for some reason :(

I'm getting:

$ bash cron/gump.sh build
      _____
     |   __|_ Apache_ ___
     |  |  | | |     | . |
     |_____|___|_|_|_|  _|
                     |_|     ~ v. 2.2 ~

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Dalibor,

Now it's showing this:
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/ant/bootstrap-ant/gump_work/buildscript_ant_bootstrap-ant.html

Any thoughts?

thanks,
dims

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> i was chatting with dalibor about kaffee and gump and ant's
> bootstrap.sh this morning. He pointed me to his mesage:
> http://www.archivum.info/general@gump.apache.org/2004-11/msg00010.html
>
> and the gump failure:
> http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/ant/bootstrap-ant/gump_work/buildscript_ant_bootstrap-ant.html
>
> So, i have added the following 2 lines in
> /usr/local/gump/kaffe/gump/cron/local-env-brutus.sh:
> export JAVAC=jikes-kaffe
> export ANT_OPTS="-Dbuild.compiler=jikes -Djavac.source=1.3"

awesome! sorry for not having being able to do that myself (I'm really
swamped these days)

--
Stefano.

Re: kaffee local-env-brutus.sh on brutus

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, i have added the following 2 lines in
> /usr/local/gump/kaffe/gump/cron/local-env-brutus.sh:

Great, thanks.

Stefan