Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/10/15 14:40:35 UTC

[Announce] Apache Forrest 0.6

Apache Forrest is pleased to release the new version: apache-forrest-0.6
http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi

Apache Forrest is an XML standards-oriented documentation framework
based upon Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT stylesheets and schemas,
images and other resources. Forrest uses these to render the source
content into a website via command-line, robot, or dynamic application.
http://forrest.apache.org/

New features in this version include:

* Uses all resources in-place. No more copying to a separate
build space and so no need to back-copy your changes.
* This provides workflow and productivity improvements.
* Project sitemaps get first chance processing, then pass-through
to core sitemaps. This simplifies management of project sitemaps.
* Project sitemaps provide easy access to the power of Apache Cocoon.
* New skins use CSS rather than tables. Old skins are deprecated.
* Skins are configurable, e.g. with colours and optional features.
* DTD improvements, especially addition of ubiquitous class attribute.
* Forrestbot, robotic build and deploy, has been entirely re-written.

Full list of changes: http://forrest.apache.org/changes.html

Upgrade guide: http://forrest.apache.org/docs/upgrading_06.html

Thanks for your interest, from the Apache Forrest community.

Re: [Announce] Apache Forrest 0.6

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Thanks for coordinating all of this, David.

I need a holiday now. It was a big effort.
Thanks for your help and that of others.

Next time should be easier.

> You forgot http://www.apache.org/dist/forrest/apache-forrest-0.6.tar.gz.asc, so
> I just copied it there now.

Yikes, i wonder how i missed that. Thanks for checking.

> It should be okay for me to delete my RC files now, right?

Now that you have ensured everything is present, yes.

--
David Crossley

Re: [Announce] Apache Forrest 0.6

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming
http://csx.calvin.edu : student org

Re: [Announce] Apache Forrest 0.6

Posted by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com>.
Congratulations and thanks :-)

noodl

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Oct 15, 2004, at 5:40 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> Apache Forrest is pleased to release the new version:
> apache-forrest-0.6
> http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi

<snip>

> Thanks for your interest, from the Apache Forrest community.

Congratulations and thanks! Great work!

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>